Year 8 Business Mentoring
04 December 2017
20 of our Year 8 students met with their Business Mentors on Monday 4th December 2017:
- Paul Winstanley - Head of Security at Travis Perkins
- Gaynor Winstanley - Community Champion at Asda
- Richard Gowan - Community Champion and Customer Service at Asda
- Kirsty Hackers - Owner of Kreative Kirsty
They will meet with the group regularly throughout the course of the year as part of a mentoring programme to keep our students engaged and focused on both their learning and potential futures once they leave St Cuthbert's. The project aims are for:
- young people to recognize the value of making informed choices at GCSE level in relation to future progression, in particular supporting their options.
- promote an awareness of employment and educational opportunities available in the Liverpool City Region, supporting progression routes
- support enagagement in learning, boosting confidence and self-esteem.
In the first session the students were introduced to the programme and had the opportunity to meet in small groups with their assigned mentor giving them a brief tour of their most valued areas of the school.
The students will complete tasks throughout the year through an on-line portal with Career Connect.